Monday, July 25, 2011

Relaunch


It has been nearly a year since my last post in October 2010. I could not say that I had been too busy to post but my interests lied elsewhere for a wee while. I also had an accident falling down the stairs in my own home at the beginning of 2011 - the first week of January - that resulted in my left arm being in cast for 6 weeks. After the accident I tended to hold on to the hand rail every time I used the stairs for a few months.

It was very annoying when you could not do many things by yourself with one good hand, even for the mundane things like clipping your nails (on your right hand) and opening the cans (I had learned to open the cans with one hand with can opener in the second weeks).

I try not take things for granted any more, especially my own health.

So I am now picking up what I have left in last October.......

Talking about pets, apart from Bonnie the dog, we also have a cat called Pipi (after the shell fish). She was one of our neighbour's cats that decided to adopt us 3 years ago. She thought the grass was greener on this side of the fence. Now she is No 1 cat in our home.

I was not a cat person. I did not mind them but never thought of having one of my own. Pipi has taken to me big time to my husband's surprise. Bob has always liked cats (he had 4 cats when we first met) although he is now more of a dog person. Pipi comes to my office many times in a day when the weather is not good and insists on curling on my desk or my lap so I have to put a tea towel on my IN tray for her and put her there whenever she is too pesky (which is 90% of the time). If it was sunny outside, I will not see her until it is time for her dinner.

Pipi and Bonnie get along, um mm, more like Pipi tolerates Bonnie - that is the better way to put it. It is so funny when they try to compete for my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment