Thursday, August 4, 2011

Old Foley



I like my china. I have several dinner sets including everyday white. The above set I acquired 3 years ago from TradeMe which is an on line auction site equivalent to ebay but mainly for New Zealand locals. The set is English ‘Old Foley’ from James Kent Ltd in Staffordshire. I do not know much about it as there is no pattern name or number on the underside but I like the pastel green on the coffee cups and vine pattern, not overly done and dainty enough for my tea party (no politics involved, honestly!)
I have to admit that I do not use it much since it has to be hand washed. So it is not ideal for my style of entertaining that requires quite a lot of plates and bowls. However, I use the coffee part of the set from time to time for coffee with friends and neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment