Friday, January 27, 2012

Vanessa’s Pizza Dough



Vanessa just gave me the recipe for her pizza dough via email when her kids kindly allowed her 10 minutes on the computer:)

The recipe I used was Al Brown's with a Vanessa slant....
275ml water
10g dried yeast
1 tsp sugar
500g flour
1 tsp salt
3 Tablespoons olive oil plus extra to grease the bowl

Mix water yeast and sugar in a  large bowl and leave to bubble for about 5 mins then add flour, yeast and salt and about 3 tablespoons olive oil and knead, I use a mixer and dough hook, knead for about 10 mins.

Place in a clean oiled bowl, make sure the dough is covered in oil, cover and leave to rise in a warm spot.  I double this recipe and makes about 6 - 8 thin pizzas.  I also make it earlier in the day and when it’s doubled in size I just punch it down and let it rise again.


 

And then you can have it as a flat garlic bread with a little bit of crushed garlic, oregano or fresh herbs, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil or with a multitude of toppings that you fancy.

You can also use pizza stone in conventional oven and heat it up to the highest setting then bake your pizza for 7-8 minutes.

Note: A million apologies my dear readers - a mistake made early on. Vanessa's Pizza Dough has been adapted from Al Brown's  recipe - Al Brown is a New Zealand chef but I had a confusion between him and Alton Brown. The post has been edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment