Monday, May 6, 2013

Flash Mob


These birds are doing flash mob on us, starting landing randomly on the roof and the one on the chimney comes last – he’s the conductor of course! I think they are doing Ode to Joy but I cannot be too sure about their rendition.

I got impressed with Beethoven’s Ode to Joy and came to like it when I listened to this piece in open air in the market square of Freiburg on the edge of Germany’s Black Forrest when I had a grand tour of the continent Europe many, many years ago. We did not have flash mob back then but this guy just set up his keyboard – sort of synthesizer or something similar – in the square and played several classical pieces. It’s also the first time that I ever listened to Peer Gynt suite and fell in love with it since. Many people including us bought his CDs – so it worked well for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment