Monday, October 13, 2014

Avocados

Our friends from Bay of Plenty dropped by our house the other day bearing gifts with them. Among those are these organic avocados. I do not buy avocados often. We used to live in the country where we had 3 producing avocado trees, 2 Hass, 1 Reed. They were ripened at different time of the year so we basically had them almost all year round. Hasses are much yummier than Reeds – the latter seem to be a bit watery for my liking.

Because we used to have them in the backyard, when we sold the house and moved to town, the idea of having spend money to buy them puts me off so I maybe buy them once a year in the last 4 or 5 years.

What we normally see in supermarkets and fruit shops are Hasses. We often think of avocados as good in salad and Guacamole. We have heard that they serve avocado and chocolate smoothie in some exotic holiday destinations and think why not? I will try that and again, if I stay quiet on the subject – it means my experiment is not that successful. In the meantime, you can visit NZ Avocado Website here. They have loads of recipes on the website – they even have avocado ic ecream recipe – another yum yum idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment